Samstag, 30. August 2008

Second Post - Sculpting Update

Hey out there,

here's just a quick update on the poor robopet. Just screenshots so far but I hope I've set up a render till next week.
I think I've finished sculpting so far and will turn to texturing soon. I think first I'm gonna set the scene in Maya and add additional stuff such as the leash and the eyes. At the moment I see a supermarket in the background and I'm not really sure about the DOF and the focal length. Basically I'd like people to be able to recognize that it's a supermarket but hey, a narrow depth of field is always nice. Think I do some testrenders... It's probably pretty important to get that it's a supermarket since otherwise you might not understand the story... Thought about naming the piece something like "Another day they'd just forget about him". Damn, is that gramatically correct? Native speakers, help!

Click for larger image:


















Blogging seems to be a nice thing to ensure that you really think about the things you're doin' and why you're doin' them. :)

Something else. I went watching "The Dark Knight" yesterday. Holy crap, one of the best I've seen in a while. Heath Ledger deeply impressed me. It's a pity there won't be any more movies with his participation... Did they really did the truck-stuff as live-action? Must have been awesome to be on set that day. I'd really like to see some behind the scenes stuff. There must have been somebody with a handycam capturing those faces staring at the truck :) If anybody finds a link to some background info post it down there please!

Found twitter to be a cool thing and hope to get used to updating it frequently. If you'd like to follow: https://twitter.com/MattiG

Greetz from Germany,

Matti

Keine Kommentare: